Philly We Rise is a call to action. In these challenging times we all need to do our part to defend and expand the rights of our communities. Share this page and take action on your block, in your neighborhood, in your community, for the country we all deserve. Philly We Rise is independent of any political party or affiliation.
We encourage others to take the lessons and ideas from this platform and share, reuse, and remix.
Philly We Rise is curated and maintained by Movement Alliance Project
While Philly We Rise is a broadly open online space there are some important guides to what we do:
- Philly We Rise supports the wide range of ways people are rising up and building alternatives to the Trump agenda. That includes social, cultural, and artistic strategies along with political ones.
- Philly We Rise understands that many of the challenges communities face have their roots before Trump’s election. We encourage work that addresses these root causes alongside their current manifestation in the Trump administration.
- Philly We Rise is not an organization, it is a resource for individuals and organizations. We encourage those looking for what to do and how to plugin to use the resources here to get connected to great work already happening and to figure out strategic work to add and collaborations to make.
- Philly We Rise is independent of any political party. As such we have not included political parties on our organizational list and will not share events convened solely by political parties.
- Philly We Rise is a resource for the greater Philadelphia region. We will strive to make accessible events and organizations with a presence in the Philadelphia Region, South Jersey, and Delaware.
- Philly We Rise will work to verify the legitimacy of information we share. While being a broad resource and hub, we will try our best to confirm that there are real people behind the events and organizations we share, however movement moments are messy and we can not guarantee the accuracy of what we share.
If you have something to add to the site, input or feedback, please let us know.